Skip to content
Shop Products

Square Door Basic Wall Central Vacuum Inlet Q&A

Search Answers

Results from Square Door Basic Wall Central Vacuum Inlet

Questions & Answers

All Screws Included?

Does the faceplate come with matching screws?


Yes, all inlets sold here include screws with the matching color head.

Kenmore Wall Inlet with Smaller Diameter

I am looking for an wall inlet for Sears central vac that has diameter of 1-1/4" tube. I am told they aren't sold anymore and that I will have to adapt what I have to 1-1/2" tube. True.

That is the sad truth. The Kenmore 1-1/4" diameter inlets are no longer available. Read the text at the top of this page to get a good understanding of your options And let us know if you have questions.

Vacumaid Inlet Replacement

I have an old (1980s) VacuMaid system and I need to replace an inlet door. It is low voltage with one contact point in the inlet tube. The dimensions of the inlet door are 3 3/4" by 5 3/4" and the tube opening is just a tad under 1 1/2". The inlet door screws into the mount through two screws located directly above and below the inlet tube. The distance between the screws is 3 3/8" on center. Can you recommend a replacement part? Thanks, Bob from Plainville, MA

Those inlets are not available any longer. You may be able to use industry standard basic inlets if you can do two things. First, the two screw holes are 4" apart instead of 3-3/8" so you'll have to be able to screw into your backing plate about 5/16" further apart. Second, the round opening in the backing plate has to be around 1-5/8" wide for the new inlet to fit into. If you have these two things then use any of our Basic Inlets.

Which Inlet To Use

hi i have a beam vaccum model # 178. i am wondering what kind of inlet i need as i bought this vacuum used and it is 17 years old? the receptical that plugs to the inlet reads LR44129 120 V. AC, 2.5A, 60HZ THANKS, LISA

If the hose you are using has two metal prongs on the wall end that insert directly into the inlet, then use an electric valve. A hose with a cord, or no prongs, will use a basic valve.

Wiggle to Work? Replace Inlet?

My house was built in 1989 and has a VacuMaid central vac installed with the power unit in the garage. I have full face cover style inlets and you need to plug into a regular electrical outlet to supply power to my Stealth II carpet brush. One inlet in the bedroom that is above the three car garage has a short. You have to wiggle the tube in the outlet to get the power to come on for suction. Do I need to replace the inlet? The opening that accepts the hose is 1.5 inches in diameter. If replacement is necessary, which inlet do I need? Thanks, Marcia L. Yakima, Washington

Yes, replace the inlet with the full face basic inlet. Or you can try turning the hose 180-degrees. The metal plates on the hose end may like that fit better.

Electrolux Inlet?

I need some inlets and other accessories for the Electrolux Central Vacuum (Model E117A) in my house. Is this inlet compatible with mine? How about other accessories? Thanks!

Electrolux used standard inlets, either low voltage or low voltage and high voltage. The replacements we have here are the same standard ones All our hoses and kits fit these inlets. Start here to determine what you'd like in your home that is best for cleaning and your budget

2x3 Wall Installation

Soon Rockville MD Hi, I have walls with studs that are 2"x3". Will the pipes/connectors/inlets fit?

Yes, you can use the following backing plate and tight 90 along with regular pipe and fittings. This will allow you to put a Basic Inlet into a 2x3 wall. Thanks for asking,511SN.

Tight Hose into Inlet, Hard to Start Suction

Hi there, terrific that you have this service. I did the 2 test on the wall valve. Connect the wires in the back and tin foil on the inside 2 contacts. Both cause the unit to start sucking. The two contacts seem like they are "stiff". If I really push in the hose and wiggle it may start. Anything I can do to loosen these, or other thoughts. thanks alisons from avon CT

The metal nubs should be stiff. It sounds like the hose is too tight. Is it new? If it has two metal plates vs a metal ring, you can shave a bit of plastic off the hose end to get a better fit. If you need more help give us a call.

No Suction One Inlet

I have the Air Vac type model AV3500 house system. The inlets say MS on them. One of my inlets no longer sucks. What are the steps I should take to resolve what the problems could be?

All inlets have small low voltage wires connected to the back of them. When they are touched together the suction should start. Inside the 1-1/2" diameter suction hole are two metal contacts that when touched together with foil start the suction. If neither of these start the suction then the wire in the wall may have been cut. Hung any pictures lately?

Magivac Inlet Replacement?

Hi, we built our house in 1969 with a built in Vacuum system. I have to replace a magivac inlet and wonder whether one of your newer models can be installed without a problem?

Please read the text on the Basic Inlet page to understand if a modern valve will fit or not. Please see

Suction Turns On, Off

George in Hillsborough, NC Question: I have a AiRVac whole house system less then 3 years old. When plugging in the hose, the floor sunction/vac keeps turning off and on, as if electrical contact is lost. Thoughts?

Is it the suction or an electric head that is intermitent? If the suction then it is a low voltage issue you have to trace. If electric then there is a short somewhere. Call us if you can't find it.

Must Have Electric Accessories, but How?

Our house is equipped with inlet covers that have NO electrical connections. Only when you push in the hose does the unit start in the garage. We want to upgrade to an electric beater brush so as not to lose air suction with a air driven unit. Is it as easy as replacing the wall covers? Is there a power sourse already in our old wall plugs? It's an older Flo-master unit in a house that was built in the early 80's. Any ideas would be greatly appriciated.

You do not need to change your inlets. All our electric kits come ready to be used as your system stands. Take a look at this photograph and explanation. All our electric kits come with direct connect or corded hoses You simply need the corded version of an electric kit. You don't drag around any cords, the wires are in the lightweight hose. Just plug the hose into the vacuum port and the cord into a nearby electrical outlet. It is that easy. A whole lot easier than what you'd have to do to make your inlets direct connect (opening the walls up .... not fun or easy). We are glad you asked this question because many homeowners need to learn about this super easy option for a much cleaner home! Here are the kits that fit your system, and all systems with 1-1/2 inch diameter, non electric inlets, in any brand

Electric and Low Voltage Connection?

It looks like I can just punch out the high-voltage port of and snap the existing high voltage plug into to "punch out". Then just wire the low voltage wires to the low voltage tap screws. Will this work with these covers. Side Note: The installer who put mine in installed them all upside down with the flap opening down. Maybe this was intentionally maybe not. I going to go flip the remaining unbroken covers. Thanks for the tip. Greg Warren Medina, Tennessee

Use the full face doors and buy the Electric Valve, SuperValve so they are a direct replacement. The full face will hinge all the way so it will not snap.,663HA,663HI. It comes as a full kit, sorry, but you only need the faceplate and this is how it is sold.

Gasket Sold Alone?

Do you sell the round sealing gaskets that go on the back of older outlets? Mine is a Vent-a-Vac from about 1990. The outlets still work but the gaskets wearing out.

Sorry, the gaskets are not available to us for any parts sales.

Broan Compatible?

My house was built in the mid 1980's and has a Central Vacuum "Broan model CV20 120 volts 60 HZ and 10 Amps. We're remodeling the house and want to change out the vacuum inlet to a white one. The vacuum starts as soon as you plug the hose in the inlet. I would like to know which inlet models are compatible to my system (I prefer full door pvc in white) Thanks for your time and help in this matter. Hector from Hicksville, NY

Please read the text at the top of this page. If the backing plate behind the face plate fits the description then you can use any of the rectangle footprint inlets on the page Broan systems used a couple types of wall mounts but usually they used the standard ones so you have a lot of choices.

861P1 Vacuum Faceplate

I need to replace an automatic face plate, part No.861P1 which fits the hose I have. Is that part still available? I was not able to get it at the electric supplier. Thanks. Joe Moore, Jonesborough, TN.

We don't have a cross reference for that. Please send us the brand of the vacuum or a photo and we'll let you know where to go. Hopefully it is still available. Many times older inlets can be replaced with new ones. Read the text at the top of the page here to see if that is an option

Plastic Hose End - New Inlet

I have valves that start the suction as soon as the flap is opened. The end of the hose that plugs into the outlet is plastic. Will the plastic end start the suction if I replace it with an outlet that has two metal contacts inside? Or should I get a replacement hose of some type?

You can put the Hose Cuff with Metal Ring on the end of your existing hose and use it in the new inlets. It is here It is reverse threaded on the hose and may have some glue so pull hard and twist yours off, or cut the hose at the cuff and put on the new one. OR you can buy any of our hoses and or kits.

Hayden Inlets with Four Screws

I bought a modular home equipped with Hayden inlets. The inlets are cracked/broken and need to be replaced. The inlets have four mounting screws around the hose hole. I did not see similar outlets in your selection. Does Hayden make them? Thanks, Carl, Maynard, Ma.

That is interesting. The way Hayden has four screws. You will have to take one off and see if there is a place to put two screws four inches apart and that the intake hole in the backing plate is 1-5/8" wide. Then you can use the Basic Inlets sold here.

Single Trigger Inlet Replacement

russ, brigantine. i have an older vacuum system that has one ball that turns the vacuum on when the hose is inserted. which inlet cover do i need for replacement? this is a low voltage system.thanks, russ.

Usually those are replaced with any of these The only issue is the 4 inches between the two screws. If you have 4 inches then you are good to go! The wire used for the old inlet is used for the new. The hose for the new inlets has to have metal on the end to work. All our hoses and kits fit your inlet and the new ones.

Screws - Longer Ones Needed

I have a vacumaid system and none of the inlet covers are attached by screws. This is frustrating as it takes a good pull to remove the hose, which pulls the cover off. I have tried to find the right screws in length and width at Home Depot, but they don't seem to work. Any suggestions?

The regular screws are 1/8 Ovalhead Phillips screws 1.25 long. You may need them 2 long or longer. Be careful they are not too long or they will go past the backing plate and into the piping. If the head of the screw is showing on the front of the faceplate you can use nail polish or spray paint to color it the same as the valve.

How to Replace

I just purchased a brand new home. After my wife finished vacuuming for the first time she removed the hose from the inlet. Unfortunately the spring has sprung and now the door will not stay closed. Do I have to replace the whole inlet cover? It looks like the one shown above. Is there a link that shows how to replace them if that is the case? I.E. power off? Remove anything besides the two screws? Thanks!

If you have a Basic Inlet (no small HOLES above or below the main suction hole) then all you need to do is unplug the vacuum unit and remove the two screws on the inlet faceplate and pull/twist the faceplate off. The faceplate backside has two wires (like speaker wires) attached to screws. You will see how easy they connect and reconnect to the new faceplate. Which is, by the way, the only way to fix one that is sprung or looses its gasket. And you do have choices. All the Basic inlets will fit your wall connection. So pick the style and color that may compliment your home better.

Near Beach, Inlet Contacts Corrode

Hi, I have a relatively new system (2004) with several Hayden Basic low voltage inlets. The small spring loaded pin contacts seem to be corroding and don't make reliable contact. I have removed the inlets and have removed the electrical screws, springs and copper pins and cleaned them with contact cleaner and an eraser. However, after a year or two I have the same situation again. Are stainless contacts available? Is there any solution or grease that can be applied to prevent the oxidation and still preserve electrical contact? Was there a plating on the pins that has worn off? Would appreciate your opinions and suggestions. Thank you, Marshall, Newport Beach, Ca.

Excellent question. You will have to apply something to the pins such as white lithium, WD40, or the stuff you'd put on car battery terminals. Something like that should do the trick. The inlets all have the same brass contacts.

Nutone 360 Inlets

I need to replace several NuTone 360W inlets in my home. Do you sell them?

Single Wire, Two Contacts?

I moved into a new house with the tube and a single wire for the low contacts. I am installing the inlet ports. There are two screws on the inlet port. I would assume I would need two wires. How do I connect the single wire to the two contacts - thank you, Erwin from Montreal

The single wire should have a pair of leads in it like a speaker wire has two wires in one. Separate the wires and attach one to each screw on the inlet. You don't have to worry about keeping any pattern for each inlet, just make sure the wire ends don't touch each other at the inlets when you put them on the screws.

AirVac Outlet Red Light

I have an Air Vac Gold series which was installed in 2005. There are 7 hose outlets. One of the outlets shows red on the LED and produces no power when I insert the hose. All the rest are are green and work properly. I have recently changed the bag and checked that the wire are all secure. Will a new inlet solve the problem?

Remove the outlet faceplate and touch the low voltage wires together. If it starts then replace the outlet. If it doesn't start it is possible that wire has been compromised, may have been detached somewhere along the line.